09 Oct Albuquerque Non-Profit Seeking Board Members
As the new fiscal year arrives, it is important to recognize the crucial role the Board of Directors plays in the operation of LifeROOTS. LifeROOTS is fortunate to be working with so many outstanding individuals as part of our Board – and are currently seeking to further grow our Board as they continue to move LifeROOTS forward in working to achieve their mission of helping to “empower the lives” and “shape the futures” of those with disabilities.
LifeROOTS is looking for Board Members who:
- Love someone who has been diagnosed or struggles with a disability anytime within their lifetime.
- Anyone who would like to lead their community to a more active position in supporting the community.
- Anyone who has a financial education.
- Anyone who has experience working with children or adults with special needs.
- Anyone who has skills and access to legislatures or decision makers.
- Anyone who would like to reduce government funding for very needed non for profit services.
- Anyone who is able to use their relationships, skills and abilities to communicate about the services we provide.
Why would you become a LifeROOTS Board Member?
- You would meet and build a trust with other community members who are active in improving their community.
- You would create an opportunity to support the community that supports you.
- Through your hard work you will reduce the need for government support.
- You will have fun meeting employees, clients and friends of our organization at our yearly Explora event.
- You would receive a tax deductible documentation toward all of your financial or in kind donations.
- You will know that your hard work and commitment has improved the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Your dedication has created services and opportunities that have empowered lives and shaped their futures.
If you are interested in becoming a board of directors member, please contact Kathleen Cates, CEO at KathleenC@LifeROOTSNM.org or call at 505-255-5501. Board Members should be able to dedicate 2 to 3 hours a month minimum.