Palmetto Eye Specialists is the largest ophthalmology practice in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, and a pioneer in LASIK eye surgery. With multiple offices throughout the region, and a new office about to launch in Bluffton, South Carolina, a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan was needed in order to further strengthen the PES leadership role in the community, and drive additional patients to the new Bluffton office both for annual eye exams as well as for the treatment of eye diseases and eye surgery.
- Securing of a monthly column in a leading local South Carolina community newspaper, authored by PES Founder and Medical Director Dr. Kenneth Farr, addressing a variety of topics surrounding eye health and providing a platform for Dr. Farr to provide important messages to consumers
- Generation of news stories in South Carolina media, including local television, newspapers and magazines, surrounding the most common eye diseases and the importance of regular eye exams to encourage new patient visits
- Execution of Open Houses and consumer seminars to showcase new Bluffton/Okatie practice location and highlight state-of-the-art procedures
- Development of ad campaign to highlight leadership in the South Carolina ophthalmology field and highlighting monthly packages and specials
- Position PES and Dr. Farr as South Carolina’s leaders in LASIK Eye Surgery, through bylined articles, news stories, interviews and local publicity efforts throughout the Lowcountry
- Create a social media presence for PES in order to further engage the community and provide a forum for discussion and information-sharing for consumers and patients of all practice locations
The successful publicity and marketing effort surrounding the launch of Palmetto Eye Specialists’ Bluffton location resulted in the continued growth of all PES practice locations throughout the Lowcountry. In addition to increased media exposure and attention-grabbing ads, the addition of a social media component for the practice further enhanced the strong leadership role that PES has in the community, and helped to draw new patients to both the new office and all practice locations.